Friday, 31 October 2008

Happy Halloween

By the time I get home from work tonight, the trick or treaters will have probably passed through my neighbourhood (or maybe it's just the steepness of my driveway that puts them off). But if you are looking for something a little (or lot) scary for yourself, why not check out the Rodney Libraries DVD collection.

First off, I have to say "I don't do horror!" I am your typical hide behind a cushion type when it comes to horror movies and can remember cowering behind the couch when the original of "The Fly" screened on our old black and white TV back when I was a lot younger (anyone else who can relate to this when the scene of the mini-man stuck in the spider's web screaming "Help me" in a squeeky voice please raise your hand). So there is little point in me giving personal reviews of the horror movies in our DVD collection.

I heard someone say that good horror movies were a genre that has gone out of fashion, but I am sure this will bring roars of protest from some quarters. So whether you are a fan of the supernatural, the slasher, or the simple scary thriller, click on this Rodney Libraries link to find our list of DVD's which might fit the bill. Or look for the skull and crossbones sticker on the spine of our fiction books for a horror read.

Trick or treat everyone

No comments: