Tuesday, 28 February 2012

The 2012 NZ Post finalists have been announced ...

It's the end of February and the judges for the New Zealand Post Children's Books Awards have *finally* let us in on their selection for the award finalists for 2012.

A wide variety of authors & illustrators are listed in the four categories - picture book, junior fiction, young adult fiction and non-fiction.

One of the talking points this year is that a graphic novel, Shaolin Burning by Ant Sang, has made it onto the picture book list.

By the end of May, we'll know who the winners are. In the meantime, kids can vote for the Children's Choice award - there's prizes up for grabs!

I'm not quite brave enough to predict the winners yet, as I haven't read them all, but Rāhui by Chris Szekely and Digging up the Past by David Veart are stand outs of the books I have seen so far.

No comments: