Lots of different News snippets from authors, books and the publishing world to finish off this week.
Novelist J.G. Ballard has passed away. He was best known for The Empire of the Sun which was turned into a movie. He was 78.
Marina Lewycka, who wrote the international bestseller A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian and Two Caravans, wants to join her husband of 22 years, Dave Feickert, in Wanganui. However, NZ Immigration have some red tape that has to be satisfied first. Read the full story on this link
To find out what books are going to be read, discussed, reviewed on National Radio during May, check out the NZ Booksellers Link.
If you are a Patricia Cornwell fan, how do you picture Kay Scarpetta? If they made a movie, who do you think should play her? Well check out one of New Zealand's best literary bloggers Graham Beattie on Beattie's Book Blog to find out what Hollywood has planned.
And I'v just discovered a whole new way to watch the new TVNZ book programme. I'v actually only just discovered the new TVNZ book programme because it's on TV6 and I don't receive that. However, to get my fix of The Good Word, hosted by Emily Perkins, I use the internet and TVNZ On Demand. One of our customers told me she does something similar, downloading the Book reviews off the podcast option on the National Radio website to her MP3 to listen to while walking.
Have a fantastic weekend everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment