A bunch of snippets and headlines from around the world to finish off a short week. Click on the headline to read the full story.
Two new Crichton novels planned - Possibly strange as Jurassic Park author Michael Crichton passed away last year. However one was completed before his death and the other will be written based on his notes.
Cheese wins top prize - I can't remember if I have posted this before, but I have seen it on several websites so it is worth a repeat. It refers to an international award for most unusual title for a book. Previous winners include one close to my heart "Bombproof your horse" (which I personally believe from experience to be impossible, but that's another story).
You know you are in a place where books are reviewed subjectively and honestly when the first words of a review are "Oh Lordy. It was a struggle to get through this book." That place is the Scoop Review of Books. It's wholly kiwi and I'm not even going to tell you which book it was they were talking about. But it's certainly worth a visit for up to date news from the New Zealand book world.
And don't forget one of our other favourite Kiwi book sites Beattie's Book Blog. Former publisher and editor (and sometimes Rodney resident) Graham Beattie talks about things local and international for book lovers. If you are looking for inspiration for the next book to read, you could do worse than stop here.
Have a fantastic (and safe) Easter everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment