May is always New Zealand Music Month, which is why you are probably hearing more kiwi music on the radio when you tune in.
At Rodney Libraries we have a wide selection of New Zealand artists on CD for you to rent. The music collection is a rental one, but at only $2 for two weeks, it's a bit of a bargain really. Why go out and buy a CD without road testing it first by picking up a copy at your local library to check if you like it. Check what I found when I did a Rodney Library catalogue search for New Zealand musicians.
As well as the actual music, you can also read about the artists and the evolution of this art in New Zealand under lots of different headings. A catalogue search for New Zealand music came up with lots of different subject headings so it is easy to find something you are looking for.
I think I will relive some of my (mis-spent) youth by revisiting Th' Dudes and then relax with a little Brooke Fraser over the weekend. That's if someone else doesn't get to them first.
No comments:
Post a Comment