The thought occurred to me today as I was very courageously searching for songs which I MIGHT use for my school holiday programme on Thursday. After all, what's a good campfire session without a couple of songs.
My singing voice is nothing to write home about, which is why I depend heavily on the professionals to assist me when I do my Storytime and Wriggle and Rhyme sessions. But there was once a day when I could strum a guitar and belt out a tune on those truly memorable party nights. Some of my favourite memories include a couple of guitars and/or a piano with a cacophany of off-key voices adding their own flavour to Kiwi favourites such as Ten Guitars or the old Folk tunes such as Tom Dooley and This Land is your Land.
At the Rodney Library we have plenty of help you if you are planning a Sing A Long.
Children's Songs It goes without saying that we have the nursery rhymes, the traditional songs, songs from around the world and some new ones as well to keep the whole family entertained.
Song Books - Love Songs and Film Scores. Bob Dylan and Elvis.
Waiata - Maori performances and songbooks, plus the history of the Waiata and tradition of Maori music.
A fantastic range of Folk Music from around the world on CD.
Songs for the Guitar and Songs for the Piano and we even have Ukelele and Recorder books for the budding musicians.
And as a special mention for Bastille Day - what about Music from France.
No comments:
Post a Comment