Wednesday, 7 July 2010

The Millenium Trilogy

I had a couple of days off last week and have used it to good effect. I finally got my hands on Book 3 of Steig Larsson's Millenium Trilogy "The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest" to complete the cliff-hanger from the end of Book 2.

I was not disappointed. The twists and turns of the story continued, although in many ways this was much more psychological drama than action fiction. All the main players were there Blomkvist, Salander and Berger. They are joined by new characters and intrigue as the story lead's up to Lisbeth's trial. I'm not going to say much more, because I run the risk of giving away the story to those of you out there who have not yet discovered this fantastic series.

The end of this book came on page 599 and although it left me satisfied, there was also the strange feeling of unanswered questions and that there should have been more. I am particularly interested in how Lisbeth's sister fits into the picture. So I did some digging.

When Steig Larsson decided to start writing this series, he plotted out 10 books. When he passed away he had the unfinished manuscript for Book 4 on his laptop. Unfortunately a battle has erupted between his life partner and his family and this is affecting the possible completion and publication of any further adventures for Lisbeth and Mikhail in the near future.

On another note, the movie of the second book is being released in theatres later this month. If you would like to get a sneak preview the Village Bookshop at Matakana is hosting a charity event on Sunday 18th July of The Girl who Played with Fire to support Adults in Motion. If you are interested contact the Bookshop on 09 4230315.

No comments: