I have scanned a couple but Michelle Holman's new kiwi chick lit title Knotted dropped onto my desk today. It will be top of the pile for Labour Weekend reading as I so enjoyed her laugh a minute Bonkers and Divine. That means there should be a review on this site early next week.It doesn't have to be a new release (although there are plenty of new Kiwi titles launched this month for New Zealand Book Month). Do a subject search for New Zealand fiction and have a forage through 20th and 21st Century entries - almost 800 of them, not including the children's fiction and picture books (over 900 titles).
And I haven't even touched on our biographies or some of the fabulous non-fiction on our shelves. Someone mentioned to me last weekend that they had just read Willie Apiata VC - A Reluctant Hero and thought it was the most awesome book they had read for ages. There are several copies on the shelf at the moment so grab one for the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment