Ex-squeeze me? Baking powder? Storytime in the library with a famous NZ boxer?
SO! I heard a secret. That a certain famous NZ boxer would be making an appearance at a local library storytime. How awesome is that? Which made me ponder a couple of things:
- WHO IS IT? (yes, caps necessary)
- What do I know about boxing?
The answers are:
- I DON'T KNOW (yes, caps are *still* necessary)
- Absolutely nothing
So I did what most sane library people do when they know nothing. That's right, I stalked our library shelves, and found THIS gem:
The New Zealand boxing scrapbook. It contains the most amazing things - vintage posters, men in tights (I'm pretty darn sure they're tights), fighter profiles, leotards (those ARE leotards, right?) and some serious hair parting. You think I'm kidding but I'm not. It's well worth the read/flip through. I'm still no closer to knowing who our guest is, though! Bummer.
No comments:
Post a Comment