Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Popular Resolution 1 - Giving it up

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope everyone had an excellent New Year break and made it to where you were going and back again safely. I enjoyed the sun and the beach (Martin's Bay has got to be the best beach in the world) and relaxing with with several good books.

Obviously it is that time of the year where we all do New Year's resolutions. So I am going to cram the Top 5 (or if I can manage it 10) resolutions that we all make into three posts this week and point you in the direction of some library resources that could help you. Today we start off with the Number One resolution - Giving it up!

Smoking - Allen Carr is the guru of "Giving up Smoking" books but they are also the most popular and therefore the hardest to get your hands on. Instead of putting it off until the book comes in (excuses!!), grab one of the other ones off the shelf to help you in the meantime. Simply type Smoking Cessation into our catalogue as a subject search (or just hit on the link) and you will find plenty of other books to encourage and motivate you.

Alcohol - Most of us have seen the ads on TV. If your friends and family don't like some of your 'mates' then maybe it is time to do something about it. Click on this link for Alcohol and consider if the way you are drinking needs to be modified.

There are plenty of other habits and addictions that are bad for us. Click on the following to find information in the library about just a few:

Tomorrow - my big 2011 resolution (or maybe I will call it an aspiration in the hope that it will make a difference to me keeping it for longer than a couple of weeks). Fitness and diet.

Ka kite

No comments: