The latest two "books to movies" that I have seen are Under the Mountain (by Maurice Gee, a book which I have read) and The Time Traveller's Wife (by Audrey Niffenegger, which I have not read).
After seei
ng some trailers and hearing all about the behind the scenes of Under the Mountain I was expecting big things when I went to see it last week. Maybe just a little too much as, although I really enjoyed it, somehow I wanted to like it more. The imaging and special effects were wonderful and acting generally superb, especially Oliver Driver as Mr Wilberforce who was astonishingly menacing. The adaptation (it does differ from the book) had the author's approval and was still recognisable, following the same basic plotline. It was a good night out at the movies and will always be a classic Kiwi tale.
If you g
o to see The Time Traveller's Wife be prepared for the action to jump around a little and be on your toes for when the past warps into the present and, once or twice, the future comes crashing into play. Eric Bana plays a Librarian (although Lisa and I did wonder how he managed to keep his job with all his time travelling - obviously no time sheets to fill out) who time travels at sometimes quite inappropriate moments. However, he still manages to find romance and happiness, although his wife has to put up with his regular absences. The tale is at times happy, sad and poignant. Lisa (who has read the book) said that it runs with the story. We both thought it was well worth the night out, and I am interested to read the book now that I have seen the movie (which is not always the case).
o to see The Time Traveller's Wife be prepared for the action to jump around a little and be on your toes for when the past warps into the present and, once or twice, the future comes crashing into play. Eric Bana plays a Librarian (although Lisa and I did wonder how he managed to keep his job with all his time travelling - obviously no time sheets to fill out) who time travels at sometimes quite inappropriate moments. However, he still manages to find romance and happiness, although his wife has to put up with his regular absences. The tale is at times happy, sad and poignant. Lisa (who has read the book) said that it runs with the story. We both thought it was well worth the night out, and I am interested to read the book now that I have seen the movie (which is not always the case).Last night The Lovely Bones premiered in New Zealand and so that, along with Where the Wild Things are (both of which I have read) are next on the viewing list.
1 comment:
Interesting story you got here. It would be great to read more about that topic. Thanks for giving this info.
Sexy Lady
London escorts
Post a Comment