Thursday, 2 July 2009

Were you Smarter than a Librarian?

The answer to the question which has been bubbling around Warkworth this week has been answered. And YES - some of you are smarter than Librarians (there we've said it).

Congratulations to Team Pringles who won the Trivial Pursuit Challenge last night, narrowly beating Team Corpse (after a tie break and a coin toss). Coming in third were the I-site Vino's. These were the only three teams which managed to get across the line before "The Librarians" but we were joined by a couple of other teams who finished on equal marks.

Here is the full list of results:

Team Name
The Pringles - 78
Corps Services - 78
i-site vinos - 75
The Librarians - 71.5
Manawai - 71.5
Charlies Angels - 71.5
The Crazy Crew - 65
Team youthful - 64
Who gives a duck - 64
6s and 7s - 61.5
The harv-wits - 60.5
Gobbofs - 58.5

Special mention to Charlies Angels who were very artistic and Who gives a duck for forgetting to write their name on the paper - twice (obviously enjoying the evening).

We would like to thank our Quizmaster Matthew Kerr (returning briefly from Auckland Libraries for the evening), scorers Kris Wehipeihana, Joscha Ilmberger and Francis Outwin, the questionaire extraordinaire Chris Roberts and all those businesses in Warkworth who supported us by donating prizes. Hopefully I haven't missed anyone out of the following list (but if I have my apologies and let me know so I can acknowledge you separately):

Harveys Real Estate, United Real Estate, Paper Plus, Take Note, Quince, Fresh, Not just Hats, Picnix, Warworth Menswear, Warkworth Sportsworld, Lee & Hart Pharmacy, Franklins Pharmacy, Twinset & Pearls, Tahi, Coast & Country, Diannes, Four Square, Taste

If you would like to see photos of the event catch the Rodney Libraries Flickr page (hit the link on the left) later today.

I have to dash now to welcome Clifford for Storytime. Ka kite.

No comments: