Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Somehow I've become obsessed with Game of Thrones

'Long ago, an enigmatic event forever changed the seasons in Winterfell. Thus the land was blessed with lush summers and simultaneously cursed with harsh winters. Now, Winterfell's borders are being increasingly encroached, forcing the prominent Stark family to defend its kingdom from enemies both old and new, including the rival Lannister House and a legendary demon.'

I resisted as long as I could, I scoffed as my friends discussed weather Jon Snow or Robb Stark was hotter, I avoided even opening the books simply because they're so long but it was pointless; Game of Thrones has got me hooked.

I started off watching the first season while on sick leave from work. My first impression was that this show was a bit grim and rapey for my liking but as I kept watching I suddenly found myself thinking about the show all the time and planning what each character should do in order to claim the iron throne. Within a few days I had finished the first 2 seasons and filled my time waiting for the start of season 3 by arguing with friends about why Robb Stark is such a babe.

I've started reading the books now so I would say that the obsession is in full force. I invite you to join me and daydream about what a great couple Jon and Daenerys would make.

No comments: