How many books have you borrowed in the last twelve months? I read quite a lot and there are plenty of picture books and junior fiction scattered amongst them (plus the odd comic). Even so I have only reached 1706 books in the last five years from Rodney Libraries.
So I am nothing on a family from the Wainuiomata Library who have borrowed 2044 books in the last year. Granted there are 12 of them in the family, but even so that is a huge amount of reading and benefit that you are gaining from your local library.
Here is the full article from the Manawatu Standard.
Does your family enjoy books? How do you compare to a family of bookworms who have borrowed a staggering 2044 library books in the past year?
Mum Sue Braggins, 49, says her family of 12 now consider Wainuiomata Library "a second home". They average six books a day.
Mrs Braggins is not surprised, saying the whole family are voracious readers.
Her love of reading came from her parents, she says, and it was something she wanted to pass on to her 11 children.
"I was brought up on books from the time I was little. I can't remember not having a book to read. The school system was also very book-orientated back then."
No comments:
Post a Comment