We saw Young Victoria, which we agreed was an exceptionally good movie. Part period drama and part romance, this covered the year leading up to her accession to the throne and the turbulent first years of her rule, up to and including the birth of her first child. While it was a fictionalised version of her life, it was still insightful in many ways. The movie provided a view of the class structure, the control over the young woman and the protocols that had to be observed in the late Georgian and early Victorian eras.
After going to movies based on true lives, I often come back to the library and search out reading on the subject. Obviously I am not the only one with such an idea as when I did a catalogue search for Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, I discovered that all books on her life were currently unavailable. However if you do want to read more, have a look at the selection anyway and put a hold on it so you are next in line. We also have children's and teens books which you can check out on this catalogue link.
Picture from IMdb (Internet movie database) website.
No comments:
Post a Comment