Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Bleary eyed Librarian

If you see a bleary eyed librarian around Rodney today, it might just be me. As I was awake in the middle of the night anyway, I got up and watched Nick Willis run into the Bronze Medal in the 1500m event at the Olympics. Absolutely fantastic result after Bevan Docherty's Bronze in the triathlon yesterday. Red Beach resident Erin Taylor got her first taste of Olympic competition in the K1 500 heats and is through to the semifinals. Fantastic stuff for this young woman who saw Ben Fouhy at the Athens Olympics and thought - "I'd like to do that".

There is an article on Erin on the TVNZ website . Mahurangi East Library have been supporting Erin as one of our Rodney athletes and devised a fantastic display courtesy of a kayak belonging to one of the librarians.

Only a few days to go but still some great medal opportunities for the Kiwis in the canoeing, BMX and sailing. Go strong everyone.


No comments: