Friday, 11 April 2008

Auckland Writers and Readers festival - tickets available now

I'm so excited. My guide to the Auckland Writers and Readers Festival '08 arrived this week. The festival is on in the middle of May - Wednesday 14 - Sunday 18. Tickets are available now from the-edge website or you can choose to go the snail mail route. I'd get in quick as there are some great authors lined up and the events are sure to be well attended.

The 'New Zealand Listener Opening night' event features J.M. Coetzee, Junot Diaz, Witi Ihimaera and Sarah Hall chaired by Kim Hill. "Listen to their voices and you will always hear the rhythm of their intonations whenever you read their work in future. A highly anticipated event of readings." The festival website has a little bio for each invited author and the event chairs. Have a look at the A-Z list.

What will I be going to? I have no idea because I just can't choose!

No comments: