After my dismal effort at predicting the weather last weekend I'll only say that I hope it doesn't stop you from doing what you want to over the next couple of days. I will be relaxing with a couple of the New Zealand Post Children's book awards Teen finalists. (I've already read The tomorrow code by Brian Falkner which I recommend. It's filled with local landmarks which brings a sense of immediacy to the story.)
So, what's on?
The highlight surely has to be the Youth Day Out on Saturday at the Hibiscus Coast Youth Centre, 214 Hibiscus Coast Highway as blogged on Wednesday. Skate comps, music and dance workshops, DJs with a BBQ and movie to finish.
The Auckland Festival New Zealand Post Family Weekend is on at the Aotea Square in Auckland this weekend. A fun-filled two days of events for kids and their adults, many of which will be free. Wolves, puppets, a giant unfolding truck and tall tales...
Of course the Kumeu Show is on too. It's apparently the largest show in the Southern hemisphere with all the fun of a traditional A&P show. It's chock full of things to see and do, from animals to wood chopping to vegetables to trade stands. (My personal favourite is the sentence that cheerily reads "Food Galore!!") Look out for Tina from Kumeu Library on the scarecrow stand.
On Sunday Dairy Flat hosts the fifth annual Hibiscus Coast Hospice Country Home & Garden Tour. Ten magnificant homes plus one beautiful garden are on the agenda.
Have a lovely weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment