Wow. This blog is over 1000 posts long. We started way back in May 2007, then shifted URLs in September of the same year. (Remember that bright green look? We changed the way it looked so that it would more closely match the website.)
Although it was just an experiment it's been a successful one. Readership has steadily increased (thanks!) We blog regularly during the week (and weekends if we have something to say.) In the beginning we were writing about all sorts of things. Now we've settled down to reviews, local events and literary happenings. There are two of us blogging - Anne and Kris. Our colleagues will occasionally guest post for us.
If there are things that you want to read about just let us know.
Here's to another 1000 posts! \o/
4 comments:
Happy 1000 Posts Rodney Libraries blog! :)
Yay us! It's been a great journey so far and I still get a thrill when I know someone has read something I have written. And the blog has led me into the world of social networking as we are also on Twitter and Facebook (and Flickr).
I will take a moment to acknowledge Paul Reynolds who passed away over the weekend and is being farewelled today by family friends and colleagues. Paul ran the first Social Networking workshop I ever attended and if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have discovered this brightly wired world. Paul contributed a huge amount on a national scale, but also made a difference to the individual. Thankyou Paul.
Kowhai Reader (aka Anne)
Well done and thanks for the effort.
I am spending a year in Switzerland and one of the things I miss the most from home is Whangaparaoa Library - your blog is something that helps me feel connected :-)
Congrats guys! That's fantastic! Here's to another 1000 posts!
Post a Comment